WHO CAN JOIN
All teaching staff of the Universities that have already signed a Bilateral Agreement with Hellenic Mediterranean University.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1- BEFORE YOU COME
- Click here to check whether your University has signed a Bilateral Agreement with HMU.
- Send us an email with the following information: Name and Last Name/Title / Position/University/Department – Institute – Organization/Address/Tel./Email address/Proposed dates/Purpose of visit
- You will get notified by email for the approval or non approval of your visit.
STEP 2 – AFTER YOU GET THE APPROVAL FOR VISITING
- Contact the Academic Coordinator of your interest field, so that you can arrange the teaching classes.
- Prepare the following documents:
- Learning Agreement for Teaching Mobility -> Fill the document and make 2 copies of it (Please note that you must fill 8 teaching hours) -> Sign the 2 copies (You & The International Relations Office of your University)
- Grant Agreement for Erasmus+ staff mobility Teaching & Training Mobility -> Fill the document and make 2 copies of it -> Sign the 2 copies.
- Insurance coverage:
- Health care insurance (basic health insurance coverage is provided normally by the national health insurance of the participant during his/her stay in another country. However, the coverage of the basic health Insurance or private insurance may not be sufficient, especially in case of repatriation and specific medical intervention. In that case, a complementary private insurance might be useful. Your insurance should be issued from your Home Country and should be valid during your stay in Greece, issued or translated in English.
- General liability insurance coverage for third party [concerning personal injury and/or damages caused by the participant during his/her stay in Greece (independently whether the participant is at work or not)] issued from your Home Country and valid during your stay in Greece, issued or translated in English.
- Personal accident coverage (covering personal injury and/or damages caused to the participant as a person in the course of ordinary activities in the workplace resulting from accidents at work) issued from your Home Country and valid during your stay in Greece, issued or translated in English.
- ** VISA if it is obligatory by the Greek Missions:
- Copy of your ID
- Copy of the 1st page of your Passport
- The receipt of the e-tickets and the invoice of the tickets
- Copy of the 1st page of your bank account (Your full name / Bank Name /IBAN / SWIFT CODE must be shown clearly). If you cannot have a copy of your bank account, you must provide us with an official document signed by your bank where: Your full name / Bank Name /IBAN / SWIFT CODE must be shown clearly. If one of the above information is missing, your payment will be significantly delayed.
When you have gathered ALL the above documents, please send them to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have send us ALL the above documents, we are going to check them and inform you by email if everything is correct or not. If everything is correct, you are going to get paid the 70% of the total amount of your payment within 30 days.
STEP 3 – WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT HMU
The first day you arrive at , please visit the International Relations Office of the campus to arrange all the necessary paperwork. Keep in mind that you must provide the International Relations Office with:
- The 2 copies of the Grant Agreement for Erasmus+ staff mobility Teaching & Training Mobility signed.
- All the tickets & boarding pass that you have used for your journey to HMU.
STEP 4 – WHEN YOU GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY
1. Send us by email the boarding pass & the tickets of your return journey to the following address: email@example.com
2. You must fill a survey by the European union (you will receive an email by the European union), where you will be asked to describe your Erasmus+ experience.
IMPORTANT:: Please note that if the documents mentioned above are not provided, the payment of your mobility CANNOT be accepted by HMU.
Incoming staff from non-EU countries -except for some cases- need to apply for a visa, prior to their arrival in Greece. It is advised to start the visa application process as soon as possible, since the procedures can require a considerable amount of time.
See the list of countries requiring or not requiring a visa at the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Hellenic Republic http://www.mfa.gr/en/visas/visas-for-foreigners-traveling-to-greece/countries-requiring-or-not-requiring-visa.html
- For your visa, you will need an Invitation Letter from HMU. You can send an email here and we will gladly prepare an invitation letter for you.
- You should contact the nearest authorized Greek Consulate and receive information regarding all the necessary documents, as well as the formal application procedure (Greek Missions around the world can be found at: http://www.mfa.gr/en/appendix/greece-bilateral-relations/a.html)